Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A Change in Direction

You know those times when you're following what you think the Lord has for you and then one day you wake up and you wonder? You know, really wonder. Wonder at the beauty of the Lord's grace and endless mercy. Wonder at how the rain splashes on the pavement. Wonder at how people love you and want to be your friend and walk this crazy life beside you. Wonder at how you have arrived wherever you are.

I've been in a state of wonder for several months now. Admittedly, some of those days were wondering what on earth God was doing in my life, wondering why He keeps loving a broken mess like me, wondering if I'm ever going to make a difference in this world. But somehow, God always brings my wonderment back to Him, gently reminding me that I'm not the lead actress in the show and that He doesn't need me to win rave reviews.

Thanks to the wonderful community of friends I'm surrounded by, this wonderment as brought me to a decision for this year. It was not an easy process, but it is the right decision. The details are here on my ministry blog. I covet your prayers as I make this transition. I am hoping that in the midst of the rest, the reflecting, the growing, that I will make time for writing, reading and of course, more wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment